Friday, December 11, 2009

Flu...at least it is December

Since Tuesday, I have been laid out with the flu.   The interesting little bug hits fast and hard.  The only hint was a little fatigue that I thought was because of holiday parties, baking and stress's in my life right now.  WRONG, I ran 6 miles on the treadmill in the morning before work, HR and pace was where I would expect it, (not where I want it though); 9 hours later I am thinking about a trainer ride but feel pretty miserable and take my temperature. 102.6 opps no training for me that night.  Just some Advil, fluids and out for the count.  After Dr confirmed what I guessed, I have the flu.  No training for me for a few days.  Actually, nothing for a few days other the lots of liquids, sleep and thankfully Netflix on demand.  At least, starting day 4... I am eating, keeping fever down, sitting up for a while and walked to get my mail since it has been a long 4 days. 
Fortunately it is December and missing a few days sick is not going to effect me.  This is just a small bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment