Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve Mountain Biking

2010 last day was fabulous day of mountain biking and running; sadly is probably the last before Kris goes into a cast.  It was the first time MTB that I was controlling the bike instead of it controlling me.  I steered the bike were I wanted it to go; held speed through the corners and reduced breaking on the downhills.   The ride was a breakthrough; I held faster speeds on the downhills so it was not as frustrating with other riders who I catch uphill to be passed on downhills.  For the entire ride, my foot was down no more than 5 times and most of those came in the last mile where I do not like bridges and will not do the river crossing.
For New Year's Kris and I visited with some friends for a  completely relaxing night to end 2010 and look ahead to 2011 including a wedding in April!

Happy New Year!   ~~ "Do what you love, love what you do, and deliver more than you promise." - Harvey Mackay

No comments:

Post a Comment