Friday, January 8, 2010

January Week 1 of 2010

Wow, the week was long compounded by long hours at work all week plus a long Thursday night at work with an issue that I was involved with until 2 AM then back up at 6 AM for work all day Friday.  I hate nights like that; it effects my sleep, immune system, and training for days.  I was not able to complete any workouts today (a lift and yoga was planned for today), it became rest day for me.  In addition, I may have had gluten sometime during the week so I was dealing with the effects of that on my body. 

I did make a successful loaf of gluten free bread today.  It was almost a mistake because of being so tired I used a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon of xanthan gum.  I caught it and was able to remove most of the mistake; then the dough was a little wet so I about 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour and it helped with the moist dough plus added a little nutty taste to the bread.  The bread was really good; moist, airy and the best loaf I have made to date. YUM.

What should i do for my new recipe this week.  I have this weekend to figure it out.  Maybe a soup because of the cold weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment