Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Work

Back to work today but thanks to all the friends and family that made 2009 holidays special.  I feel rested and excited for 2010 both professionally and personally.  I know that work is going to busy along with the continual challange of balancing a professional life and being a triathlete.  Not an easy challange.

My challange for this year which is a continuation from last year but a little easier.  I will make at
least one new recipe a week.  (Last year was an ingredient but became harder than I imagined and did not last all year; I think I made it to May or June.)  A new recipe/week will be easier.  This week I want to find something for Kris's new cast iron grill and for me to use my new food processor.  yum...  I can not wait to try my new recipe.  I want to do this to expand my cooking horizon and learn more about cooking.  My only fear is it to  become a drag when I am tired from 100+ mile bike rides but like doing a triathlon; cooking and training is all about planning.

Goals for this week:
1. Back in the pool - yes I have been extremely lazy about swimming.  It has been so cold and I hate getting in a cold pool when it is so cold outside.  I know excuses.
2. Lifting again, my flu and holidays also reduced the "official" lifting but with all my work around my condo over the holiday I think it counts for something. 

I moved a workout around today and did my run in the cold.  It is colder here in Nashville than it was when I was home over the holidays.  AUGH!  I guess people in here are not use to people running when it is cold because as I my run someone yelled at me, are you crazy... are you not cold?  Hello, of course I am; but as a friend always tells me there are not bad weather days but bad gear days.  I was perfectly dressed today.  With the head wind; my wind jacked needed to be fully zipped; with the tail wind I could unzip a little.  The run was a different story, glad it was an easy zone 1-2 run but I crept into zone 3 on the hills.  HR is a little high for the pace.  Now that it has been 2 weeks since being sick, the run is coming around again.  Consistency is important now. 

Yippee!  I got in the pool today.  It was short and easy but back in the water.  Triceps hurt, felt like I had no feel for the water and could not even think about holding an interval.  I hate coming back to swimming; it is always painful but it is quicker each time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment